Who we are
What data do we collect?
We collect personal data when you make a purchase at our website, fill in an online form, and if you contact us. This may include your name, email address, phone number, birthdate, ID details and other personal information. We aim to only collect the information necessary for the purpose.
Some of our events require online payment. When you provide information related to payments, such as credit card details, it is only handled by our payment provider, Stripe. It is not collected or accessible by ESN Sweden.
How do we collect your data?
All information that we collect is directly provided by you through forms, filling in order information, or by sending us an email. Data is collected when you:
- Make a purchase on our website
- Fill in an online form
- Contact us by email
How do we use your data?
We will use your data for the following purposes:
- Event planning purposes
- Contacting the participants of our events
- Replying to and assisting you when you send a contact request.
When you purchase a ticket for one of our events, the data you provide is collected using servers maintained by us. We may, for event planning purposes, export the data collected and use it for event planning purposes, including sharing it with our suppliers (Tallink Silja A/S, Generator Hostels Sweden AB), when necessary.
How do we store your data?
Your data is stored at either the servers of our ticketing system (managed by us and hosted on Microsoft Azure infrastructure located in Sweden), or at our email and storage servers, which are provided by Google, or both.
We will keep data collected for event registration for up to 365 days after the last day of the related event. After this, the personal data provided by you and other participants will be anonymized or deleted. “Anonymized” means we may still store statistical information about the event, but no personal data is accessible or reconstructable. Keep this in mind in case you for example would like to request a receipt of your payment.
Your data protection rights
You have certain rights in relation to our processing of your personal data. Your rights are the following:
- Right to access. You have the right to receive confirmation from us that we process your personal data, including a right to access your personal data and receiving an electronic copy of your personal data.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request that incorrect or inadequate personal data about you is updated or corrected.
- Right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”). Under certain circumstances, e.g. if you have objected to the processing and we do not have a compelling legitimate interest, you can request that your personal data is erased. This does not, however, apply if we have a legal obligation to process the personal data or other legitimate purposes for which your personal data is processed.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted, so that the personal data only may be stored by ESN Göteborg, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to request that the data that we have collected is to be transferred to yourself or another organization, under certain conditions.
If you would like to make a request, please contact us. Please clearly state that you are making a Data protection rights request, and provide any information which may help facilitate the processing of your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
The data controller is Erasmus Student Network Sverige (org.nr. 802422-8960), and contact information can be found below.
If you have questions about this policy, data that we store about you or would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, you can contact us using the details below.
We will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can, but also ask that you keep in mind that everyone working with ESN Göteborg are volunteers, doing this in their free time.
Erasmus Student Network Sverige
352 52 Växjö